Easy ideas for parents and kids!
I love the concept of simple kindness. It doesn’t take much to brighten someone’s day and the ripple effects of spreading joy are down right amazing. These ideas don’t require a lot of time or money, but they are sure do make the world a little brighter. Do them for your kids, with your kids, and along side them. It’s really this easy to put a smile on someone’s face. And the magic is, that smile is sure to brighten your day too!
20 Ways to Brighten Someone’s Day
1. Pay them a compliment.
2. Pick them flowers.
3. Send them a letter.
4. Paint them a picture.
5. Do one of their chores for them.
6. Tell them a joke. Here’s one of my favorites: “The past, the present, and the future walked into a room. It was tense.” And of course, knock-knock jokes are always a hit with the preschool set.
7. Stop everything and really listen.
8. Bake them a treat.
9. Sing them a song.
10. Hand out instant thank you cards. Simply write, “thank you for (fill in the blank)” on index cards, stick them in your purse and give them to the kind person that held the door or gave you directions.
11. Call a distant loved one just to say, “I love you.”
12. Smile at everyone you see.
13. Share a story.
14. Play with them.
15. Share something dear to you.
16. Give someone a hug.
17. Write a happy message on the sidewalk.
18. Donate food.
20. Stick googly eyes in funny places (such as: fruit packed in a lunch box, people on magazine covers, or light switches).
What do you think? Did I miss your favorite way to brighten someone’s day? Is there an idea here that you will try? Is there one you think your kids would love to try?
Here’s to spreading joy one simple act at time.